We frequently refresh our range of styles, fabrics and options to give our customers more choice and scope to help them find the lounge suite they really want.
Everyone’s taste is different, so it makes sense to make lounge suites individually.
Only the best
The Covering Material
The following covering material are used on our furniture:
PVC (Poly Vinyl Chloride)
- It is a synthetic product which is coated onto a polyester backer and then embossed with a leather print roller to give the leather look.
- The product is fully washable with mild soap and water.
- Although made to resemble leather it can often be distinguished from Genuine leather by having a more synthetic look and feel.
- This is very similar to PVC and commonly used in the handbag, shoe and furniture industry.
- The product is available bonded to polyester non-woven or woven backers.
- It has similar properties to PVC although it has a softer feel (handle).
- With both PVC and PU being synthetic products they are susceptible to deterioration through use of incorrect cleaning agents as well as perspiration (urea).
Made in South Africa
Gommagomma is always hard at work building a South African product to be proud of.
Gommagomma’s manufacturing plant is based in Isithebe just outside Durban, where we employ +/- 1,000 people. Every day we proudly produce 500 lounge suites by hardworking, dedicated employees who are driven by determination and commitment to quality.
At Gommagomma, we are investing in our factory and doing everything we can to remain a trusted, strong and competitive employer in South Africa. Our South African-made advantage allows us to provide the fastest furniture delivery possible, with customer service which offers highly professional and immediate assistance.
We are extremely proud of our past and we look forward to providing you with South African-made good value lounge suites for many more years to come.